New life, tragic loss, faith, family, and resilience are key themes that abound in emergency nursing. In this story, readers also may discover examples of leadership development, clinical advancement, collaboration, and a culture of caring.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Nursing
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Accuracy of Broselow tape in estimating the weight of the child for management of pediatric emergencies in Nepalese population.Int J Emerg Med. 2020; 13: 9https://doi.org/10.1186/s12245-020-0269-0
- Emotional support for new graduate nurses in the clinical setting: a qualitative study.J Caring Sci. 2016; 5: 11-21
- The married state approach to precepting.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2018; 49: 514-518https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20181017-08
- When loss and grief knocks at your door.GA Nurs. 2022; 82: 20https://eds.s.ebscohost.com/eds/detail/detail?vid=2&sid=b559fdd8-6f46-4670-b771-767f9ce7777c%40redis&bdata=JkF1dGhUeXBlPXNoaWImc2l0ZT1lZHMtbGl2ZSZzY29wZT1zaXRl#db=ccm&AN=156120752
- Spiritual care interventions in nursing: an integrative literature review.Support Care Cancer. 2021; 29: 1165-1181https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-020-05747-9
- Minority Nurse website.Springer Publishing Company, 2016https://minoritynurse.com/depression-in-nurses-the-unspoken-epidemic/Date accessed: August 25, 2022
- A researcher’s inside look at the impact of employee assistance programs.International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, Plans and Trusts. University of Maryland and Baltimore website, 2020https://archive.hshsl.umaryland.edu/handle/10713/14266Date accessed: August 25, 2022
Jennifer Lawson, Member, Orange Coast Chapter, is an Emergency Department Registered Nurse, Anaheim, CA.
Submissions to this column are encouraged and may be submitted at jenonline.org where submission instructions can be found in the Author Instructions.
© 2022 Emergency Nurses Association. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.