Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Nursing
- Guideline for isolation precautions: Preventing transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings.Accessed November 21, 2010)
- Guideline for isolation precautions in hospitals. The Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1996; 17: 53-80
- Cover your cough campaign.Accessed November 21, 2010)
- Management of multidrug-resistant organisms in healthcare settings.Accessed November 21, 2010)
- Association for Professional in Infection Control and Epidemiology.http://www.apic.org/Content/NavigationMenu/PracticeGuidance/APICEliminationGuides/C.diff_Elimination_guide_logo.pdf(Accessed November 21, 2010)Date: 2008
- Quick Reference to Outbreak Investigation and Control in Health Care Facilities. Gaithersburg.MD, Aspen Publishers2000
- Guidelines for preventing the transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in health-care facilities, 1994.MMWR Recomm Rep. 1994; 43: 1-132
- Norovirus: Technical fact sheet.
- Shea position paper: Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea and colitis.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1995; 16 (Accessed November 21, 2010): 459-477
- Guidelines for environmental infection control in health-care facilities. Recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2003; 52 (Accessed November 21, 2010): 1-42
US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers For Medicare & Medicaid Services. p. 323-348. 42 CFR Parts 411, 412, 413, and 489 [CMS-1533-FC], Medicare Program; Changes to the hospital inpatient prospective payment systems and fiscal year 2008 rates. http://www.cms.hhs.gov/AcuteInpatientPPS/downloads/CMS-1533-FC.pdf. Accessed October 31, 2010.
Earn Up to 8.5 CE Hours. See page 424.
☆Section Editors: Reneé S. Holleran, APRN, PhD, CEN, CCRN, CFRN, CTRN, FAEN, FNP-BC, and Andrew D. Harding, RN, MS, CEN, NEA-BC, FAHA
☆☆Submit descriptions of procedures in emergency care and/or quick-reference charts suitable for placing in a reference file or notebook to
☆☆Reneé S. Holleran, APRN, PhD, CEN, CCRN, CFRN, CTRN, FAEN, FNP-BC
☆☆Andrew D. Harding, RN, MS, CEN, NEA-BC, FAHA