Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Nursing
- Table 1.1 Population by age, sex, race and Hispanic origin: 2006. July 27, 2007.(Available at:)Accessed October 29, 2008)
- 2008 National population projections. Table 2. Projections of the population by selected age groups and sex for the united states: 2010 to 2050. August 14, 2008.(Available at:)Accessed October 29, 2008)
US Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Center for Health Statistics. 2007. National hospital ambulatory medical care survey: 2005 emergency department summary. DHSS advance data publication No. 386. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ad/ad386.pdf. Accessed October 29, 2008.
- The elderly in the emergency department: a critical review of problems and solution.Intern Emerg Med. 2007; 2: 292-301
- Increasing rates of emergency department visits for elderly patients in the united states, 1993 to 2003.Ann Emerg Med. 2008; 51: 769-774
- The geriatric emergency department.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007; 55: 1873-1876
- Geriatric Emergency Management Program.(Available at:)Accessed June 5, 2008)
- The geriatric emergency nursing education (GENE) course: an evaluation.J Emerg Nurs. 2008; 34: 396-402
- Utilizing silver technology to reduce catheter-related urinary tract infections (CAUTI's).Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: E39-40
Section Editors: Reneé Semonin-Holleran, RN, PhD, CEN, CCRN, CFRN, CTRN, FAEN, and Andrew Harding, RN, MS, AIF, CEN, NEA-BC
Earn Up to 6.5 CE Hours. See page 493.
Submit descriptions of procedures in emergency care and/or quick-reference charts suitable for placing in a reference file or notebook to
Reneé Semonin-Holleran, RN, PhD, CEN, CCRN, CFRN, CTRN, FAEN
Andrew Harding, RN, MS, AIF, CEN, NEA-BC